The National Magazine Awards Foundation strives to ensure that the awards recognize the best work from all Canadian magazines. To help ensure a broad base of participation and support Canada’s diverse small and cultural magazines, we are offering one (1) FREE ENTRY to the National Magazine Awards to all magazines whose annual revenue is $200,000 or less. Enter once, and your second entry is free.
Applications are being accepted now. Submissions for the 2017 National Magazine Awards will open on December 1.
Why should you take advantage of the Small Magazine Rebate?
- New Readers: Award-winning magazines attract new readers who are hungry for great stories.
- Bragging Rights: Tell your readers and supporters that you are delivering the best and most credible content, recognized by your peers in the magazine industry.
- Get Noticed: With a National Magazine Award, writers and artists find new audiences for their creative work.
- Celebrate Your Creators: Editors, publishers and art directors have the opportunity to reward creative talent.
- We Promote You: The NMAF works year-round to promote award-winning magazines and creators through mass media publicity, social media channels, newsstand promotions and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Download, complete and return this application form to us by email no later than January 13 (the sooner you submit, the sooner we can let you know you’ve been approved).
Submit your entries to the National Magazine Awards via the Online Submissions Form (opens December 1, 2016 and closes January 20, 2017); you must pay for your submissions in full (by cheque or credit card using PayPal).
We will send you a rebate cheque or refund your PayPal payment for one entry (lesser value of the two entries if the fees are not equal), no later than February 15, 2017.
Eligibility – Small Magazine Rebate
- Annual revenue includes all operating revenue as well as grants, subsidies and funding from foundations, associations or corporations.
- Small Magazine Rebate applies to the Early-Bird entry fee only; applicants who submit at the regular rate will receive their rebate at the Early-Bird rate.
- Small Magazine Rebate applies to magazine submitters only; not to individual (freelance) submitters. However, freelancers may apply for the Freelancer Support Fund.
- All magazines must comply with the NMAF’s Rules & Eligibility for entering the National Magazine Awards.
- The NMAF reserves the right to deny the Small Magazine Rebate to incomplete applications or those applicants found to be in violation of the rules.
The Call for Entries for the 40th anniversary National Magazine Awards will launch on December 1. Later this week we’ll announce our exciting new lineup of awards for 2017.