The new deadline to apply is Friday September 16.
Position: Administrative Intern
Contract Duration: September 26, 2016—June 30, 2017; 15 hrs/week on average.
Description: The successful candidate will be reporting to and working in consultation with the NMAF Production Coordinator, Special Projects Manager and Communications Manager and specifically will:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the NMAF office, including support for the submissions process, judging process, and awards production;
- Handle some of the office-related communications and outreach with the Canadian magazine industry in both English and French—including but not limited to initiating and responding to phone calls and general email;
- Assist with the research and production of content for the NMAF blog (magazine-awards.com /French blog) and other social media channels;
- Proofread NMAF communications materials and publications, including newsletters, press releases, website copy, gala programs and related material;
- Assist with ongoing projects to promote the NMAF and its various initiatives;
- Attend regular staff, board and committee meetings;
- Bilingualism (French-English) a very strong asset
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree or diploma in the fields of Communications, Publishing, Administration, Public Relations, Journalism or similar;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Ability to work independently and on deadline with goal-oriented projects;
- Solid writing and editing skills;
- Career aspirations in the Canadian magazine industry or similar;
- Strong interest in fulfilling the mandate and vision of the National Magazine Awards Foundation.
- Gain practical knowledge of the Canadian magazine industry;
- Play an important role in the execution of NMAF projects and events;
- Make a great first impression on writers, editors, publishers and other members of the industry;
- Enhance your skill set in communications, publicity, administration, event planning, writing, editing and non-profit organizations;
- Learn more about Canadian magazines from the NMAF’s wonderful team of staff, board members and stakeholders;
- Participate in one of Canada’s most cherished and important cultural events, the National Magazine Awards.
Terms and Remuneration: The length of the contract will be from Sept 26, 2016 to June 30, 2017. The average weekly commitment may range from 10 hours per week (Oct-Dec; Feb-Mar; Jun) to 20 hours per week (Jan; Apr-May). Working hours are flexible except at specific times, and most work may be completed remotely.
This internship is paid at a rate of $11.25/h.
Applications: Candidates should submit
- A cover letter (written in French or English) demonstrating their specific interest in the internship;
- A resume;
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or career mentor.
Please send applications by email to NMAF Production Coordinator Leah Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “2017 Internship Application” in subject.
Application Deadline: Friday September 16, 2016.