What: The 39th National Magazine Awards
Where: The Arcadian Court, 401 Bay Street, Simpson Tower, 8th Floor, Toronto [MAP]
When: 6:00pm (Reception); 7:30pm (Awards presentation)
Why: To recognize and celebrate excellence in the content and creation of Canadian magazines.
Master of Ceremonies
Have a ticket?
If you purchased a ticket and did not request it to be mailed, you can pick up your ticket at the Will-Call tables at the top of the elevators at the Arcadian Court. Judges may also pick up their tickets here.
Need a ticket?
Tickets are available for purchase at the door: $165 (+HST) for regular tickets (includes dinner); $75 (+HST) for show-only tickets. Cash or Credit Card accepted.
Not able to come?
Follow our twitter handle @MagAwards and #NMA16 for live tweets throughout the show. Keep it right here on this blog for a full recap of the awards and all the winners (sometime after 10pm ET).
11 Tips for a Successful #NMA16 Gala
- Drink tickets are available for purchase in the main foyer during the show.
- Dinner will be served during the Smash Reel.
- Washrooms are through the foyer and to your left as you exit.
- Following on Twitter? We’re @MagAwards #NMA16
- Hey, Tweet your award to mom and dad while you’re at it. #MomDadIWon
- When your magazine wins, hoot. Loudly. (This isn’t the Oscars.)
- Gold winners: Come to the stage to accept your award (prep your speech now!).
- Silver winners: Collect your certificates at the ticket tables after the show.
- All other nominees: Contact us to request your Honourable Mention certificates.
- The upstairs Gallery is closed during the show, but join us there afterwards for dessert and drinks.
- Celebrate your creators. Toast each other. Make new professional contacts. Enjoy the show! (And get home safely.)
See the National Magazine Awards nominees for:
Magazine of the Year
Best Magazine Cover
Best Magazine Brand
Best Single Issue
Best New Magazine Writer
Best New Magazine Photographer
Photojournalism & Photo Essay
Single Service Article Package
Art Direction of an Entire Issue
Art Direction of a Single Article
Words & Pictures