The association of Quebec magazine editors–l’Association québécoise des éditeurs de magazine (AQEM), also known as Magazines du Québec–has elected a new board of directors with a view towards reinvigorating the association which has been on hiatus since 2013.
Aude Marie Marcoux, deputy editor of Sélection du Reader’s Digest, has been elected board chair, and the body has created five committees to focus on priorities for the province’s magazine industry, including government relations, suppliers and partners, joint initiatives with Magazines Canada, research, and digital transition.
The new board of directors of AQEM:
- Chair: Aude Marie Marcoux, Sélection
- Vice President: Michel Nivischiuk, TVA
- Vice President: Mariève Paradise, Planète F
- Treasurer: Jean-François Morin, Bayard Canada
- Secretary: Josianne Massé, Muse magazine
- Director: Sarah Châtelain, TVA
- Director: Evelyne Labonté, TC Media
- Director: Geneviève Vézina Montplaisir, Caribou magazine
- Director: Stephan Rene, Ovations médias
The National Magazine Awards Foundation looks forward to working with AQEM and its members to promote excellence in the content and creation of Canadian magazines.