Today Canadian Business Press announced the finalists for the 59th annual Kenneth R. Wilson Awards in 24 written, visual, digital and special categories for Canadian business-to-business magazine publishing.
The KRW Awards have 2 divisions for Magazine of the Year this year. The 3 finalists for Magazine of the Year – Professional are CAmagazine, Marketing and Up Here Business. The finalists for Magazine of the Year – Trade are Oilweek, Renovation Contractor and Salon Magazine.
Also this year the KRW Awards added a category for Best New Journalist, and those finalists are:
- Katie Keir, “When Good Partners go Bad,” Advisor’s Edge
- Regan Reid, “Gold Rush,” Canadian Insurance Top Broker
- Stephanie Brooks,” The Great Divide,” Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters 20/20
Check out the complete list of KRW nominees.
Earlier this week the Western Magazine Awards announced the nominees for its 31st year honouring excellence in Canadian magazines from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, the Northwest Territories and the Yukon.
The leading nominated magazines include Vancouver Magazine, Eighteen Bridges, BC Business, Alberta Views, Up Here, Western Living and Prairie Fire.
The 3 finalists for Best New Magazine are Coast Mountain Culture Magazine, Homes & Living Magazine Vancouver and Interlake Arts, Life & Leisure Magazine.
The 5 finalists for Best New Writer are:
- Sherry Wong, “Dandelion,” Prism International
- Melissa Molloy, “The Accuser and Us,” Profiles West
- Carly Wignes, “Treaty Troubles,” The Tyee
- Rosemary Anderson, “A Running Start,” Trek
- Stacey McLachlan, “The Bounty Hunter,” Western Living
Check out all the WMA finalists.
The WMA Lifetime Achievement Award this year will go to Paul and Audrey Grescoe.
This year’s WMA Gala is Friday June 21 at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside, hosted by Jo-Ann Roberts, the CBC radio host and currently the Harvey Southam Guest Lecturer at University of Victoria. Tickets go on sale on May 6 at WesternMagazineAwards.ca.