One year ago we launched a blog whose founding objectives were to recognize and promote National Magazine Award winners, celebrate the magazines who publish them, and foster a community with the readers who love them.
We think it’s been a successful endeavor:
- 163 blog posts;
- 20,000 unique visitors;
- 250+ former NMA winners highlighted;
- 7 NMA winners profiled in our Off the Page interview series (which returns later this month!);
- Countless downloads of National Magazine Award-winning stories from our archive;
- A popular Magazine Contests series informing young writers and artists about exciting opportunities;
- A super successful Summer Reading Series;
- A great 35th anniversary National Magazine Awards;
- An eBook–still completely free!
- Resources and other awards and opportunities for Canadian magazine writers and artists.
So we’re going to stick around for awhile and keep this going. Thank you so much to our readers, interviewees and staff (self pat on the back!). If you have any news for us, email to staff [at] magazine-awards.com or grab us on Twitter or Facebook.
And keep reading Canadian magazines. They make a difference in your lives!