The National Magazine Awards Foundation is seeking qualified applicants to apply for the contract position of part-time Administrative Coordinator for the National Magazine Awards and Kenneth R. Wilson Awards. The successful applicant would start immediately and the contract runs through June 30, 2012, with the possibility of continued and expanded contract work thereafter. The part-time Administrative Coordinator position requires an average of 30 hours per week of work, with a rate of pay at $18 per hour. Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2012
Responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator:
- Answer and respond to general inquiries to the NMAF office by phone and email;
- Assist in the coordination of the submissions, judging and ticket-selling processes;
- Assist other staff in coordinating the work of interns and volunteers;
- Write, edit and proofread communications and other documentation, including reports, website, newsletters, publicity materials, press releases, gala program copy, etc.;
- Participate and take notes/minutes in meetings;
- Help coordinate the activities for NMA and KRW events.
- Capacity to work independently, manage multiple tasks and work on tight deadlines;
- Fluency or strong conversational/correspondence skills in French;
- Though some work may be done remotely, must be able to work in office regularly;
- Computer skills (MS Office, cloud computing, database);
- Copy-editing and proofreading skills;
- General administrative and office management skills.
- Familiarity with the Canadian magazine industry;
- Familiarity with Content Management System type databases;
- Event planning and management experience;
- Communications and/or public relations experience;
- Leadership / personnel management experience.
To apply, please send a Cover Letter and Resume including references to:
Richard A. Johnson, Special Projects Manager, NMAF
Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2012
[This post has been updated] The NMAF is announcing a call for applications for two (2) paid internship positions, from December 2011 – June 2012. Remuneration includes a stipend of $1250 and two tickets to the National Magazine Awards gala next year.
The pair of interns will join us in our Toronto office for an average of 6-10 hours per week (not to exceed 15), though during off-peak times some duties may be accomplished remotely. Duties include verifying and sorting submissions, liaising with magazines and individual applicants to the NMAs, fact checking and copy editing NMAF promotional material, research, assisting with the development of creative ideas for the NMA gala, and assisting with media outreach and promotion.
Candidate requirements include career aspirations in the Canadian magazine industry (including but not limited to journalism students), ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines, French-language aptitude, and a general passion for magazines.
Read more about the internship here and send your application (cover letter, resume, at least one letter of reference) to staff [at] magazine-awards.com, or by post to:
National Magazine Awards Foundation
425 Adelaide St West, Suite 700
Toronto, ON, M5V 3C1
The deadline is
November 11 November 18, 2011, so don’t hesitate! Come join our team at the National Magazine Awards Foundation.